5 Reasons why you should be wearing Linen this Summer
There was a time in history when linen clothing was only available to the creme de la creme of society: priests, knights, monarchs… However, in the 16th century, flax cultivation became widespread and linen was introduced to more and more people, eventually leading to what we have today: a wide variety of high-quality linen items ranging from bedding to bath, kitchen and table linens, and, undoubtedly, linen clothing.
The latter is especially praised. People who wear linen often say they can’t imagine wearing any other material, especially in the summer. They go as far as claiming that linen clothes have healing properties.
But is it all true? What does linen have over other materials that makes it so sought-after? From our experience, there are at least five benefits of linen clothing that make it unique and hardly replaceable.
5 reasons why all of you should be experimenting more with
ArtEastri handwoven linen stoles:
1. It's great for summer. Lightweight and airy.
2. Linen weaves are also easy care, so they’re ideal for vacation or travel wear.
3. This natural fibre is three times stronger than cotton and second in strength to silk. Its highly durable. Don't be put off by the crisp handle it has - the more you wash it, the softer it becomes. So, you can , definitely, machine wash and tumble dry without a worry.
4. It's a fabulous natural fibre.
5. Linen is highly absorbent and a good conductor of heat. Your linen Stole feels cool to the touch and fabric will quickly remove perspiration from the skin.
Now, don't you think you should also own a piece of linen fabric too?