Arteastri contribution in creating sustainable fashion
What we are doing as a producer?
Arteastri embodies a slow way of life that is rooted in culture, craft and community, We stands at an interesting intersection of local and global, traditional and innovative, classic and contemporary.
Each of our garment is a play of natural fabrics defining a life of breathability, light and airiness that it wants its wearers to be part of. . Every string, strung together creates the harmonious lull of the arteastri aesthetic put together to wash you over with calmness and serenity.
1.Free Size Company- Under the brand name 'ArtEastri,' you will find all of the things that can be worn by every woman, regardless of size or form. Sarees, jewellery, stoles, and dupattas are all free-size items that eliminate the size and shape options immediately. These apparels can be worn at any moment if you gain or lose weight, and there is no loss at all. Not only will you be able to extend thelife of these items and so lessen your wardrobe's environmental effect, but you'll also be able to find one-of-a-kind pieces that noone else will have.
2.Slow living- Arteastri is about slow living with sustainability at its heart. For us the process is as important as the product. Our story is a collective narrative of all the makers whose shared efforts culminate in a beautiful legacy. Our fabrics are custom made in small batches by artisanal communities of West Bengal, Odissa whoweave the story of arteastri
3. Green fashion- Arteastri is an advocate of green fashion is no longer an alternative, but a necessity. At Buna we are mindful of our environmental impact and consciously strive towards reducing waste and devising eco-friendly methods of crafting our garments. We use artisanal led techniques of weaving and hand block printing to create our natural fabrics,
4. Supporting traditional artisans- Being a company that promotes sustainability and slow fashion. We are only able to do so because we have so many traditional craftspeople on hand.Our weavers create the entire line by hand. In respect of their work, we are supporting them with our love in terms of money. These wages enable them to secure an education and a proper lifestyle for themselves, directly improving their quality of life. We would see more happiness in the world if everyone earned a living wage, which would mean less conflict and more love and peace.
5. Vegan Fashion Brand- We can prevent animals from dying or suffering as a result of clothing production by choosing vegan fashion. Vegan fashion benefits the environment directly by reducing negative environmental impacts. Cotton is a vegan's best friend because it can be used to make almost any item of apparel, and many already are.In our collection we have linen stoles, linen home decor, cotton stoles, jewelry made from bamboo and many more products through which we are supporting eco-friendly fashion.
6. Recycling/Upcycling- We at Arteastri for example, have finally made sure that a product does not leave any trail of non-biodegradable waste. We upcycle and recycle silk sareess are made made into stoles and cushion covers.
7. Slow-Fashion Brand- ArtEastri is a firm believer in slow fashion Clothing is the fastest growing industry in today's fashion world. This rapid expansion has
become a scourge for both the environment and humanity. We refer to slow fashion as the polar opposite of quick fashion. As a result, we develop
our products with a variety of sustainability, eco-friendly, and ethical considerations. We ensure high-quality production, resulting in a garment
that lasts a long time. Despite the fact that quantity is more important than quality in fast fashion, quality production is our main concern in slow
fashion, which helps consumers embrace good and eco-friendly fashion.
8. Our roots- Being from India, we stay true to our indigenous roots and take pride in our ethnicity catering to the global consumer. Our process is slow. Each piece of our collection is meticulously designed and conceptualised with nature & its seasons in mind. . We refrain from using synthetics like rayon, polyester, nylon, acrylic or spandex that do not decompose and leave permanent trails in the environment. These might mimic the qualities of natural fibres but their plastic and other harmful derivatives are a slow poison to the earth. Unlike fast fashion, we believe in producing limited quantities and rather produce on orders to avoid wastage and excess production.
While the material remains the essence of a dress, its colour is its soul. An arteastri dress is often in its kora form, fresh out of the loom which means an earthy, subtle and raw-natural . At times, they dance in shades of pastels, like a summer dream or a winter's night. It speaks of elegance and class.
Can you join hands with us in the journey of creating sustainable living?
Share it on!